Topics on  this Page:

Association Information
ARB Improvements
Pets & Barking Dogs
Utilities & Services
Municipal Court

Topics on this Page:

Parking, Speed Limits & Traffic Signs
Mail Delivery
Garbage Services
Garage Sales
Public Schools

   Dear Homeowner,

Prior to purchasing your home, you were informed of Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht Club Homeowners’ Association and its many fine features.  The Board of Directors and the Architectural Review Board (ARB) would like to welcome you to our community and provide you more information about the Association's rules and regulations, services provided by outside agencies, utilities and phone numbers for your convenience.

Homeowners in MBG&YC want to make it a better place to live and enhance long-term property values.  In order to do this, everyone must comply with the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions (DCCR's) which are provided during the transaction of the purchase of your home.  Most violations occur as a result of insufficient information or misinformation.  The following information is provided to help clarify the requirements.  If you have any questions, please call the Association office.


The Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht Club Homeowners’ Association, Inc. owns and maintains the common properties and facilities.  The common properties and facilities include, but are not limited to,  easements, walls, swimming pool, greenbelt landscaping, sprinkler systems and and other capital improvements.

Every homeowner is an automatic member of Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht Club Homeowners’ Association, shares a portion of the responsibility for it’s support and pays mandatory assessments.

The Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht Club Homeowners’ HOA assessments can be paid using one of several plans. Check with the HOA office to find the plan that best fits your needs. It is the responsibility of each owner to keep the Association informed of any changes to your mailing address.


The offices of the Association are located HOA building.

Administrative responsibilities are to represent the Association in providing for the physical maintenance and operation of the common facilities as well as administer the services of all contractors providing services to the Association.  Additional responsibilities include collecting assessments, making disbursements, establishing the budgets, keeping financial records and maintaining all administrative records of the Association.   The Association has other responsibilities, at the direction of the Board, such as assisting in Architectural review.

To facilitate these administrative duties and responsibilities, the Myrtle Beach Golf and Yacht Club Homeowners’ Association employs a Property Manager, a Maintenance Supervisor, a Community Watch Supervisor, and an HOA Office Staff, located in the HOA building.

Association Contact Information:
Myrtle Beach Golf &
Yacht Club Homeowners
6851 King Arthur Drive
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Phone: (843)650-3055
Fax: (843)650-3785

HOA Office Staff & E-mail Addresses:
Ron Girton, Manager -
Laurie Antash –
Annmarie Caruso –
Joanne Marshall -
Fran Ziter-
Robert Morris - Maintenance Supervisor
Robert Rowe - Security Supervisor

Building & Improvements Approval:

The Architectural Review Board (ARB) must approve any exterior improvements to your home or property before work may be started.  In addition, most improvements may require a permit from the Horry County Department of Building Inspections before work can be started.  It is the responsibility of each owner to submit plans for any improvement to the ARB for review and approval. Plans must be approved in writing by the ARB prior to commencing construction.

"Improvement" is defined as any addition or change to the existing property.  Everything is covered from home additions, to sidewalks, replacement or treatment of fences, landscaping, lawn sculptures, pool, patios, decks, flagpoles, basketball goals, athletic equipment, radio/TV antennae, satellite dishes, backyard sheds, gazebos, playscapes, swing sets, exterior colors to home, changing of windows, etc.  In some cases it will also require a county permit, inspection and Certificate of Occupancy from the county.

For improvements, please submit (1) a copy of the official site plan (no hand-drawn or computerized replicas) of your property showing the exact location of the improvement that is being submitted. Please check your closing papers for the survey (showing the Lot with easements, setbacks and a footprint of the home, (2) list of materials, colors, screening, etc. along with the (3) Improvement Request Form included in this web site.  Additional copies of the form may be obtained from the Association office or downloaded from this web site on the FORMS PAGE.


It is the Owner’s responsibility to provide adequate planting and landscaping for his/her property.  Landscaping plans should be submitted to the ARB for approval prior to commencing the work.

House Numbers:

The HOA requests that house numbers be displayed near the front entry as possible, so that they can be easily seen at night to aid emergency personnel in locating your address.


The DCCR’s prohibit all contractor and supplier signs in yards and vacant lots except those approved by the ARB.  Please inform your contractor or supplier installing any improvement that temporary or permanent signs of any kind are prohibited.


Door to door solicitation is not allowed.


All household pets shall at all times, except when they are confined within the boundaries of a private single-family residence, be restrained or controlled by a leash, rope or similar restraint.  Please do not let your pets to run loose.  In addition, please clean up after your pet when taking them for a walk, no one wants their landscaping damaged nor wants to clean up after someone else's pet.

If you live on or near a Lake or pond, be aware that alligators are often found there.

Barking Dogs and Other Noise Nuisances:

If your neighbor’s dog is barking and disturbing you on a regular basis, or if there are any other “nuisance” type problems with a neighbor, please follow these procedures for the most expedient resolution:

1. Contact the HOA Office to file a complaint. A letter will be sent to the offending owner asking them to be courteous to their neighbors and to resolve the issue at once in an effort to promote harmony in the community (you will remain anonymous).
2. You, as the Complainant, can call and register a complaint so that a file can be opened at the police department. Make sure to get a complaint/report number from the operator when you call. 
3. Call the police department a few days later and request the status of the complaint/report number you were given above. Please note that it may take up to a week to 10 days to investigate the complaint.
4. If necessary, the Complainant can go down to Municipal Court and swear out a complaint using the complaint/report number given. At this point, your anonymity can no longer be preserved. The Municipal Court will serve the Defendant with a court date. Both the Defendant and Complainant must appear in court. Multiple Complainants will carry more weight in court (if more than one neighbor is affected).

The Complainant cannot be the HOA, it must be the party being affected. Furthermore, the complaining party has the duty of “proving the preponderance of the evidence.” In other words, you must prove that the dog(s), or other nuisances, are obstructing your property owner’s right to quiet and peaceful enjoyment of your own property.

Utilities & Services:

HOA fees cover Garbage pickup.

HOA fees cover Lawn cutting (front and sides). For a small additional fee the HOA will cut your rear yard. Contact the HOA Office for cost and scheduling.

HOA fees cover Road Maintenance.

Horry County Electric Cooperative provides  electric service.  Please call  843-369-2211to establish service.

Grand Strand Water and Sewer Authority provides water and sewage removal. Please call 843-443-8202 to establish service.

Horry County Telephone Collective provides telephone service. Please call  843-369-7399

Time Warner Cable provides cable/internet service. Please call  843-628-0126


If you notice a light out, please report it to the association office.


RVs, boats, camping trailers and moving vans may be parked for the purpose of loading and unloading. $25.00 fine per day, per violation.

Commercial vehicles may not be parked overnight. Commercial vehicles are defined as a vehicle with commercial or truck tags, to include box vans. Fine $50.00 per day.

No parking on grass, streets or non-designated parking areas between the hours of 2:00 am –7:00 am. Fine $25.00

Utility trailers parked overnight. Fine $50.00

Invalid licenses tag or inspection sticker: Vehicle will be towed within 24 hours from date and time of issuance of violation notice from common areas, guest parking areas and parking lots.

Vehicles parked on owner’s parking pads will be fined $50.00 per day after 1st violation notice.

Overflow parking: there is no overflow parking allowed around the HOA building
 at any time unless attending a function at the community center. Overflow
 parking is limited to the area around the pool only. Anyone caught using the spaces around the HOA building will be warned the first time and ticketed and fined $50.00 each time thereafter.

Homeowner or tenant is responsible for informing their guests about parking Rules and Regulations.

Designated temporary parking on street for parties may be acquired by notifying Community Security to make the arrangements in advance. The pool parking area may be used if designated street parking cannot be authorized.

MGG&YC Community Security Monitors have  the power to enforce MBG&YC Covenants and By Laws, and can ask for the assistance of local law enforcement to enforce county ordinances and state laws. Please report speeding violators to the HOA offices or Community Security Monitors. The license number of the vehicle must be known.

Newspaper Delivery:

The Myrtle Beach Sun News is available by calling 843-626-8555.

Mail Delivery:

Delivery is made Monday through Saturday and deposited in the cluster mailboxes.  The USPS Socostee Office, located on HGWY 707, serves the residents of MBG&YC community; please call 1-800-275-8777 if you have delivery problems.  Keys and locks associated with individual mailboxes are the responsibility of the resident upon issuance of the initial keys. Any damage or loss of keys is the sole responsibility of the homeowner. For more information visit the USPS web site at www.usps.comYour new zip code is 29588.

Municipal Court:

Conway, SC

Garage Sales:

Community Wide Garage Sales are dependent upon  volunteers to plan and organize these events. (Check the Calendar of Events for schedule of Community Wide Garage Sales) Individual homeowner garage sales are not allowed.  The HOA asks that any signs that are placed in the community promoting these sales be removed promptly after the end of the sale period.

Horry County Public Schools:

  • Saint James Elementary School
  • Saint James Middle School
  • Saint James High School

 * Due to enrollment caps, the schools listed above are subject to change.  Please consult your school district’s main office for future plans.

Horry County Government:

Garbage Services:

Garbage (green containers) is picked up on Friday. If you recycle you must transport your material to the local recycling centers.  Trash containers may be placed curbside after 3:00pm on the day before pick up and must be returned to their storage area by 11:59pm on the day of pick up.

Please do no leave trash cans on the curb for pickup except on day of collection.  Trash cans must be stored inside or in a screened area so that they are not visible from any street or the adjoining property until the day of collection.  Firewood, building materials, equipment, etc.. must also be stored in the same manner. 

Police, Fire Protection & Rescue: